#CNILux: Naomi Campbell Speaks OnTheEve Of The Condé Nast International Luxury Conference InCapeTown
Nelson Mandela\'s “honorary granddaughter” shares her feelings about being part of the movement to improve diversity and inclusion in the African fashion industry
Naomi Campbell with Suzy at the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa in Cape Town for the launch party of the fifth Condé Nast International Luxury Conference
FILM AND PHOTOGRAPHY: STUART EVERITT / MARMALADE PRODUCTIONS
“I want to give back to Africa,” Naomi Campbell told Suzy at last night's launch party for the fifth Condé Nast International Luxury Conference at the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa in Cape Town.
While stunning the guests at the Conference's opening dinner with her floor-length Alexander McQueen gown, Naomi explained her hopes for the continent, and how she is committed to “changing the perceptions about the way people think about Africa”.
In this clip from Suzy and Naomi's conversation, Naomi discusses how, as a member of Gucci's Changemaker Council, she wants to make sure “women learn the skills they should”, and how her new role is about “changing the narrative" and “getting big brands to invest in the infrastructure of Africa”.
(Suzy would like to apologise that, “In my excitement whilst talking to Naomi Campbell I said that Nelson Mandela called her an honorary daughter. It should have been granddaughter, but, the loving spirit remains the same.”)
Naomi will be in conversation with Marco Bizzarri, President and CEO of Gucci, at the Conference. We'll be posting more reports and films from “The Nature of Luxury” Conference today and tomorrow, and you can find more information about the CNI Luxury Conference at www.cniluxury.com and enjoy behind-the-scenes highlights on Suzy's Instagram account, @suzymenkesvogue.
- #CNILux: Alessandro Bogliolo On Tea And Diamonds At Tiffany’s
- #CNILux: Hanneli Rupert, Champion Of African Design
- #CNILux: Building Bridges, Bringing Opportunity
- Nodaleto: Feet First Into Fashion
- Bill Cunningham: History In His Lens
- #CNILux: Diamond King Laurence Graff Reveals To Suzy Menkes The Largest Stone In A Century
- #CNILux: Christopher Raeburn Transforms The Old Into The New
- Retail In The Time Of Revolution
- Chanel Without Karl: A Train Ride Into A New World
·蘇富比呈献 THE SUPREME VAULT
·第96届 PITTI UOMO 男装展——
·中国新诗意 | 周年刊年度人物访